• “Research can be productively used in this way to verify assumptions and arguments.”(Page 231, Paragraph 2) This is just a statement that I want to keep in mind. Research is always a viable answer to our questions. It doesn’t always have to be experimentation. Someone may already have the answer we are looking for, unless you really wanna find the answer yourself.
  • “When we are open to selecting and engaging with these multiple published perspectives in our research, we’re also forced to consider how they extend or challenge our beliefs and ideas about a topic.”(Page 232, Paragraph 2)  Research always leads to different results. People will always have different views. Hearing about how we will always encounter clashing opinions is something I find interesting, cause we might just both be right, but we might just both be wrong.
  • “The messiness of research requires us to be flexible, often modifying our approaches along the way”(Page 232, Paragraph 3) There is never an easy way to research. When you research, you are going to gain a lot of information all at once, and so the different ways that we organize that research can lead us to different approaches, which then leads us to different results.
  • “Although our culture would tell us that we have to know everything, and that we should even begin a research project by knowing the answer to our question, there is obvious value in using research as a tool to engage our curiosity and sense of wonder as human beings—perhaps even to improve our lives or the lives of others.”(Page 234, Paragraph 3)I found this statement interesting because I never do research while already knowing the answer, at least I don’t think I do. When I do research, it is always for curiosity’s sake. I think the only time I ever do research while knowing the answer is if I am trying to verify, in which in that case, the answer I have may be wrong. But the idea that society wants us to know everything is one I agree with. It is one of the many expectations put on people to have the right knowledge at the right time.