• “Advocates for the FPT contend that it is a phenomenal tool that teaches all students a basic organizational structure that can be built upon in the future and, in addition is especially useful for teaching students who struggle with basic organizations when writing” (Page 231, Paragraph 3). When reading about FPT structure it made me interested on this writing tool and made me want to try it out also on how it can help improve your writing skills for people who struggle with it, I feel like I can use this writing tool to improve my writing as well.
  • “To understand why FPT is immensely beneficial for testing companies, it is essential to understand the concept of inter-rater reliability” (Page 232, Paragraph 2). As I was reading this paragraph of why FPT is extremely important and has many benefits, it goes on detail on how this writing tool can do so many things like handling grammar checks, helping on writing ability skills etc.
  • “That’s what inter-rater reliability is meant to do-create reliability among the raters and it is paramount for testing companies to justify the accuracy and fairness of their writing assessments” (Page 232, Paragraph 4).  Talks about how inter-rater ability are reliable in the testing world because it can fairly and accurately correct test because that’s what is meant for to analyze and fairly grade your assessments for the accurate grade, which to me sounds fair for the most part that was said the text.
  • “As a general rule, the more rigid and precise the criteria for evaluation of a piece of writing, the more likely a high inter-rater reliability will be achieved” (Page 233, Paragraph 2). I agree with this  statement because in order to fairly grade someone assessment it should be done in the right criteria without any biased opinions just straight up scoring and that’s why in the paragraph it tells on how FPT is the best tool for when it comes to scoring standardized writing assessments.
  • “As long as we remain tethered to standardized testing as our primary method for assessing students writing proficiency, the FPT will exert  a prominent influence over curricula” ( Page 235, Paragraph 3). As the reading wraps up in the end it tells us that the FPT tool  will be great in for standardized testing use with some possible shortcomings but doesn’t means it can be used, it can when the timing is right but for now we will leave it up to the local educators who will be administrating the assessments.