A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Education Narrative Discussion

There are a few conventions of what the education narrative genre is made out of , which is spelling , punctuation, grammar and sentence structure. These conventions are the key for the reader to get to understand what the writer is trying to express in their writings and how they are trying to use these conventions to express their voice and feelings out. Its very important in today society as well because you need to have proper conventions if you were to send a email to someone or when you’re writing a resume to apply for jobs. A good example to get started on my education narratives would be on my junior year of high school , because during the spring semester I had this U.S history teacher that changed the way I look at things. He was a tank officer back then when he used to serve in the military so he is very strict to his students , for homework he post it online everyday and you have to print them out yourself and do it. Back in high school teachers usually prints every handout or homework for you. Another thing for this teacher is that everything is on your own , nobody is on your back watching out for you. So whether you do well on the homework or quiz is all about if you read the article every night that he posted online. On the other hand , a lot of people doesn’t like this teacher because of how strict he is to the students. But he did changed the way I look at things in life outside of the classroom as well. some of the questions and concerns that I have when I am writing my own education narratives would be If I wrote a lot of unnecessities or unwanted things in it. Or even if the conventions of my education narratives is proper or not. And I am just worried that its not good enough to be on the college level writings.

1. Lisa Cole

Excellent!