A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Bunn Assignment

When Mike Bunn refers to “You are already an author”. He’s trying to mention that in your everyday life , either your going to school or work your reading or writing something related to whatever your doing. You’re building up that mindset of being an author, because as you read your mind gets creative and you  should have thoughts or question coming up to you as you read. I rarely write outside of school or work but When I Need to write something That would be an email , a letter or a resume.  Being able to write a resume or email professionally, you will have a higher chance of getting the job that you want. if you write a lot in your daily basis your writing comprehension will grow and if you write letters , you will be able to express your language more freely and people can understand you more comfortably.  having a good reading and writing comprehension will help me throughout my college career because in college you will have to read a lot of articles and write papers that’s related to the article so in general if you have a good reading skills it will make it so much easier for your college career and being able to get a good GPA on your college transcript.

One thing that I noticed in Bunn’s article is that I saw a quote in page 72 “You are reading to learn about writing. Instead of reading for content or to better understand the ideas in the writing , you are trying to understand how the piece of writing was put together by the author and what you can learn about writing by reading a particular text.” This quote is what I wanted to have In my future writing assignment, and the reason why this quote stood out to me and caught my attention so much was because I normally read the words to understand the message instead of putting everything together and understand the article better. I hope I can build this skill in my future reading and writing assignment.

1. Lisa Cole

Excellent response, Bairu!