For class Monday 2/5, you need to complete the following:
- Read Subject Verb Agreement (including watching the short video)
- Join the course on OpenLab
- This requires you to make an OpenLab account. If you are having trouble creating an account, see the previous post for help.
- Complete HW #1
- HW #1 is simply to send me an email from your City Tech email address. The subject of your email should be “HW #1.” In the body of the email, write your name and ENG 1101 D325. That’s it.
For lab on Wednesday 2/7, you need to complete the following:
- Read Brainstorming
- Print “Mother Tongue” by Amy Tan (if you can’t access the reading through the link, you can google the title and author to find it on another website)
- Read “Mother Tongue” by Amy Tan
- Complete HW #2
- Pick 5 of the vocabulary words listed. Write the definition of the word and then write your own sentence that uses the word correctly.
- Answer Reading Questions #1 and #2.
- Answer Discussion Question #1.
- Be sure to use details and examples from the text to support your answers.
For class on Wednesday 2/7, you need to complete the following: