Color Project: Lime Green

Benjamin Moore’s Photo

Research

The Lime green color was discovered during the prehistoric period by Egyptians.  The etymology of green color said that it comes from the Proto-Indo- European ghre, which means “to grow”. This color represents:  high energy, freshness, confidence, and creativity. This color has two hues yellow- green.  Also, the name of this color was inspired in the skin of citrus fruit which was used formally in 1890.  Moreover, Lime green color become fashionable in the 70’ and match perfectly with warm and cool tones. In addition, according to color psychology this color provides calming effects because is related with natural, peaceful, lucky, and relaxing feelings. On the other hand, Walt Disney used this lime color to express envious, greedy, poison and evilness in his characters.

Lime green color used as freshness, creativity, and fashionable.   

Hiroko Masuike’s Photo
Elizabeth Eaton Rosenthal, Green Lady of NYC

Lime green color used as signifier of Disney’s evil.  

Scar
Ursula

Sketches  

I developed natural and evilness concepts based in lime green color.  

My first sketches are based in Disney’s perspective for villains.  I used curve lines, big and small shapes inspired in evil’s characters.  

On the other hand, my natural sketches were inspired in nature and high energy.

Final concepts 

In these concepts I wanted to show the evilness of the lime green color. I developed my sketches with a black background to make a contrast with lime green color. Also, I made some layers to make shadows, fades and the color more vibrant.

Second concept  

In this concept, I used a white background to make the lime green fresh and natural. I put some green lime, texture and a yellow arrow to show the beginning and the end of cycles.

Original

Life cycle

Beginning and the end of cycles

Third Concept  

In this concept, I develop a soft background of limes and a type with some white shapes to make the text more highlight. I wanted to express the nature and refreshes in this concept.

How to say Lime Green    

Cite: