Writing My Brain Project by Jeyson Paula

Introduction :

This project consist in take one day of my life to write all my thoughts, and also take picture that represent those thought. Furthermore write an essay based on the argument I make about my thought, then support this with three of thoughts and photos. The purpose of this project is to explore my thinking and make a plan for my future thoughts. 

Thinking in writing :

Monday 09/10/2014  
I’m so sleepy and have to go school. 6:00am
why the train is taking so long?6:32am
I don’t want to be late6:32am
five chapters to read , college is killing me 8:00 am
why I think about what i thinking , this is weird 8:30 am
the future scare me 9:30 am
how is going to be my future 9:30 am
do we make our own future or destiny is real 9:32 am
Im not sure about my major do I really want to do it 11:30 Am
life is so complicated 11:40 Am
I like those shoes 12:12 Pm
omg another test , well I better study 12:13 Pm
I forgot most my thoughts 12:13 Pm
I like go to school but there is too much work 1:00Pm
I’m scare of give up 1:32 Pm
I’m hungry 2:01 Pm
where are my keys , omg mom is not home 2:44 Pm
what a weird restaurant , but the food is good .. 2:44 Pm
I will be successful…. I have to organize my ideas to get there 3:12Pm
Lexus 350 is sport … I will buy that car. 3:12 Pm
I have to do homework and I have to go to work .. 4:00Pm
I want to go back home, I have so much fun over there 4:23 Pm
why the universe keep growing , there must be a reason :9:30pm
why the universe and brain are so similar 9:32 Pm
there are secret in our brain that human haven’t discovered yet , maybe we can do incredible thing and we don’t know how too…9:45 Pm
I’m hungry again.10:00Pm
I wonder if one day we can travel through time .10:15 PM
I’m crazy. 10:30 PM
I don’t like how life works . People work their whole life for nothing and sometime they don’t get to enjoy the beauty and the meaning of being alive.11:00 PM
life can change in one second. you never know when something going to happen to you .
what is happiness, happiness have different causes .11:00 Pm
I didn’t know that write my thought could be that difficult , I get lost in my mind .11:12 Pm
Thinking visually

20131028_175155

The first photo I took which I called “which is the right path”. as you can see, it’s an street divided in two separate way, life is full of good opportunity but in some cases we get two different option but we are not sure which way to choose. I would say that the theme of this picture is insecurity.

Unknown

I named this photo the “Unknown” as you can see is the earth, and the other planets of our solar system. The reason why I called this photo “unknown” is because we live in earth but we don’t know everything about our home , there are many secrets y that human have not discover yet. it just like our future we know is there but we don’t know how is going to be.

Homework

This photo I called “Homework” as you can see, it’s one of my math homework which represent hard work , and dedication . Moreover is a example of how I keep my  work organize in order to achieve my goals.

Thinking Rhetorically and Reflectively

My name is Jeyson Paula. The past four years I studied in a technology based high school, where I got many of my certification in computers. Even though, I am now a City Tech student, I decided to shift my path and go to the medical field. Moreover in the first semester I took five different classes, one of these classes is ENG1101 D377 English. The past few weeks, we have doing a social experiment in which we study how the brain works, how thoughts in our brain affect us in long terms, and the possibility that our thoughts reflect what we are going to be in the future. This experiment consist of taking one day of  our life and write everything that we have thoughts during that day and then  take some picture that illustrate those thought. I believe that people  might think that what we are trying to prove is crazy, but I  believe that this  is one of the most interesting projects  I have ever done in my life because involved theory  that  humans have not proved yet. Based on the theory that our thoughts reflect what we going to be the in the future, I argue that my current thinking is focused on the things that will enable my future to be successful.

Ever Since I started to writing  down all my thoughts in 09/10/2014, the most common thoughts I had were about my future and things that will help me to create a success future. I believe that “future” always have been my biggest fear, because I do not know what could happen before I achieve my goals, we cannot predict the future that’s why I think the future is always going to be a mystery. For example in my list of thoughts I wrote “I’m not sure about my major, do I really want to do it” (Jp1918 Pav 9). On this example you can see that I am questioning my academic goals, which now it does not look like a problem, but further in the future it could become a problem, because sometime when we are young we tend to make bad decisions and the outcome of this is reflected in our future life. I took a picture that I called “Which is the right path” This connects to my argument because is a picture of one street divided in two direction and the person does not know which way to go. Going back on what I said before, what we think affects the future, if we take what I wrote in my list, this could be a good example of it, because based on that thought I could change my major and end in a position I did not want to be. Life is full of big choices that can change your life, but just your brain and (thoughts) are able to decide what you want.

What I trying to say is that our brain control everything in our life, even emotions. Decisions like what you want to be in the future, are the most difficult because your choice will dictate where your life going to go. Although we have many chances to choose what are going to be, you can- not go back to the past. Therefore there will be a time where you will have to choose and there will be no way of going back.

Furthermore evidence that supports my argument is when I thought about “I will be successful…. I have to organize my ideas to get there” (Jp1918 Pav 19). This time, I am telling myself what I have to do in order to be successful and at the same time is related to my argument because I am using my brain to set two different concepts. One is encouraging myself, by telling myself that I can do it, without any problems. In the other hand, I’m telling myself what I have to do to get what I want. I believe that the best way to get something is by being confident because when you are confident of yourself people tend to take you seriously. People know what you talking about, and that makes you a better organizer of ideas. Connecting my first thought with this one, we can say that this one is the answer to my first thought, because as you could see on my very first thought I said that I was not sure about my major, and in the second one I am telling myself to think more about it and that I have to be more confident of the decisions I take in my life. Based on this we could say that the brain creates another thought based on the previous thought you had, which let us know that our subconscious works without we knowing it. This is also related to one of the pictures I took that I called “Unknown”, It’s a picture of the solar system which is very close to us because lives with us and we do not know everything about it yet. There are many secrets that have not been discovered yet, it’s same with subconscious within us, but we do not know everything. Now you might wonder what does this has to do with our decisions and the answer is very simple, our subconscious works behind our thoughts and somehow persuades us to make a decision.

Going back to the argument that my current thinking is focused on the things that will enable my future success. I am one hundred percent sure that everything I am thinking right now is connect to my future success. For example, on my list I wrote “I have to do homework and I have to go to work” (Jp1918 Pav 22). I do not know if it’s just me, but every time I have to do Homework and go to work I always choose to do my homework first,  like a said before , I am scared of the future; that is why I am always trying to complete my homework first, because I believe that experience change the path of your life . I do not want to be like some young people in this time that just because they are making money they drop out of college that is why I always prefer to do my school work first rather than anything. I took a picture that connected to what I am saying which I called “homework,” This picture represents one of the most important things in my life because based on that, it is how my future would look like. Everything I do in a homework is like a practice of what I am going to do in my workplace, because homework take few steps to get it done, and there are dedication, responsibility and willing of being success. In other words, you must work hard to get what you want, because you know that you are not the only one who is trying to get what you want. Therefore you have to prove others that you are the best option. The best advice is to not give up on your dreams.

After doing this project I feel different, because now I know how the brain save so many data in one day, The six examples I provided where nothing compares to the amount of thoughts  I had that day. Writing them down was a bit of difficult and I was personally impressed of the potential of our brain. I want to keep thinking just the way I am thinking right now because I believe I am in the right path. The correct direction to achieve my goal and become one of most successful people in my family and the world too. I think that by moving forward my thoughts are going to change, but I am pretty sure they will change for good, like I said the future is full of surprises and we do not know when our life is going to change.

Word cited:

jp1819 [ Jeyson Paula]. “ Re: Project 1: thinking in writing”. OpenLab. ENGL1101 D377 Composition. September 20, 2014.Web. October 7, 2014

Paula, Jeyson. “ Homework”.flickr. October 5, 2014.Web.October 7, 2014

Paula, Jeyson. “ Unknown”.flickr. October 5, 2014.Web.October 7, 2014

Paula, Jeyson. “Which is The right Path”. Flickr.October 5, 2014. Web October 7, 2014