Writing My Brain Project by Daijia Benjamin

Introduction

Hi my name is Daijia Benjamin. This is my first year in City tech. I am 17 years old and so far, City Tech feels just like high school to me. I believe that I’m the youngest student in all my classes. Everyone else looks way older than me but I’m not really bothered by the fact that I’m the youngest. It’s actually cool. Since I’ve been in English D377 I’ve notice that I needed a lot of help on the way I think. I argue that my thoughts aren’t that important, and I think that I should be focusing on more important things like what’s happening in the world today. In this project, I had an opportunity to reflect on my thoughts and plan how to think more effectively in the future.

Thinking and Writing

1- why is my friend telling me about someone I dont care about
2- why am I so hungry
3- I want pizza
4- These math problems are so easy
5- why don’t Zoe and Jason get back together and stop playing with each others feelings
6- I love my job
7- I feel like I dont belong here
8- ughhh I miss my dog
9- Im ready for my dog to have puppies
10- my father always complains about the littlest thing
11- im sooooo hungry
12- im soo slim but eat like a fat person
13- this book i know im going to finish it in a couple days it is sooo interesting
14- omg why do I have brothers
15- I love opening up the store in the mornings and getting everything set up
16- smoothies and juicing is life!
17- I love talking to this boy, he makes me soo happy
18- feel so bad for him because he just got fired from a good job
19- I feel like im way too nice to people, but yet others say that im mean. I dont see it
20- Im way to tired to finish this book
21- I wish i understood this book I have to read for english class ughhh im going to try. I feel like I have to read it 1,000 times just to understand it.

Thinking visually

My life, my dog Jake

406311_4061928659103_1780146065_n

Where I usually sit down and think

1656348_10204161787337435_5966557285162167453_n

At work; VEGGIES , juicing is life

10603256_10204161787777446_3453608805858394708_n

Thinking Rhetorically and Reflectively

Hi my name is Daijia Benjamin. This is my first year in City tech. I am 17 years old and so far, City Tech feels just like high school to me. I believe that I’m the youngest student in all my classes because everyone else looks way older than me, but I’m not really bothered by the fact that I’m the youngest. It’s actually cool. In the process of writing this essay, I had to pick a day to record all my thoughts every 30 minutes, next I had to take photos related to some of my thoughts and finally, I had to think rhetorically and reflectively on how my thoughts are and if it needs improving or not. Since I’ve been in English D377 I’ve notice that I needed a lot of help on the way I think. I argue that my thoughts aren’t that important, and I think that I should be focusing on more important things like what’s happening in the world today. In this project, I had an opportunity to reflect on my thoughts and plan how to think more effectively in the future.

Every day I sit in my room day dreaming, just sitting there focusing on a specific spot on the wall thinking about anything that comes to mind. Especially on my free time, I’m always thinking about random things like what’s for dinner later or when is my father coming home, but now I try to focus on more important things like my life and things I can do to better my future. One day, I thought about why I had brothers. But, I guess it’s a way for my father and stepmother to have that family title they always wanted. So I guess having brothers made it what it is now. I don’t really know, but I just think of the meanest things sometimes. Oh well.

I mean I do think of important things too. Especially on things that can better my future like me becoming a Dental Lab technician. In high school that’s what I majored in, and I found it to be very interesting especially the fact that I made things using my hands. It’s not only beneficial to me but for others, because I’m helping other people feel better about their appearance; their smile. But that’s like my future goal. I realize that I have to focus on what I have to do to reach that level on becoming a dental lab technician.

If I don’t start focusing on more positive and important things now, I’m going to have more irrelevant thoughts in my head. It’s like I have to organize my thinking. Maybe by doing that, I might just get a lot done during the day. I remember when my friend had called me telling me about some female, and I was just sitting there with a blank stare. My face expression told a lot. But instead of me being negative, I sat there listening to him express his feelings about this person, I gave him advice but god only knows how much I didn’t even care. I felt comfortable after because I felt like I helped him in a way. After that conversation, I sat on my bed thinking about why he even told me. For that whole night it bothered me. I could’ve been doing something more relevant than to be focusing on what he had told me.

Normally, it is kind of hard finding interesting books to read on my free time. I haven’t read a book in so long, but I found this urban book called Addicted, and let me tell you it is addicting. But, there’s this book that I’m reading for my English class Brain Rules, and it doesn’t grab my attention at all. I would have to constantly keep reading it over and over, just so I can get a bit more understanding of what I’m reading. I feel like maybe I’m trying not trying to understand it or maybe I really need to read more to boost up my vocabulary.

I often think about the boy that I really like. The other day he told me that he had got fired from his job, which really made me feel bad for him. I didn’t really know how to feel when he was telling me about it. He had a great job, paying a good enough amount of money especially for his age. I wish I had that job. The only thing I could’ve told him was that, sooner or later he’s going to find himself a decent job, especially now that he got his license. I usually give him good advice and try to cheer him up when he’s down or just thinking negatively about things.

Nowadays, I see myself thinking about the past, not on anything specific, but I would think on random things that happened the day before, or something that happened a long time ago. I don’t know how to stay focus on one thing for too long. My thoughts are always all over the place, and I don’t know how to control it. If I set my mind on one thing, I get bored after a while. I feel like if I’m thinking about anything, I might as well write it down because if it’s on my mind, it must be important.

No one knows how much of a pet lover I am. When I’m away from my dog especially on the weekends, I often think of him daily. I always think about him and count the days until the next time I get to see him. I normally see many dogs going out for walks on my block but, I sit here and think about why that couldn’t be my dog and I. I wish he wasn’t an inside dog, and more of a dog who likes to go for walks far from home, but he’s so use to staying in the house that every time someone walks him, he walks to the corner and turn back. As long as he’s with me, I’m happy.

Although my thoughts are all over the place, I noticed that my thoughts haven’t gotten better. I’m still too focused on irrelevant things, which might have an effect on the way I write. I always noticed that I focus on people rather than focusing on myself. I’m the kind of person that would do so much for others, before worrying about doing what’s important for me. In the future, I want my thoughts to be more on the present instead of the past, especially more important things like my career and my goals for the future.

Work cited

Daijia B [Daijia B Benjamin].”Re;Project 1 Thinking and Writing.” OpenLab Eng 1101 D377 English Composition 1, FA2014 22 September2014. Web. 14 Oct 2014

Benjamin, Daijia. ” My life, my dog Jake” Flickr. 14 Oct 2014. Web. Oct 14 2014

Benjamin Daijia. ” Where I usually sit down and think” Flickr. 14 Oct 2014. Web.Oct 14 2014

Benjamin Daijia. ” At work; VEGGIES , juicing is life” Flickr. 14 Oct 2014. Web . Oct 14 2014