Hardwork Pays Off By Ayesha Javed

1. Introduction

From noting the down all the activities we thought of the whole day to taking pictures of those thoughts and transferring everything into a single essay. This activity made me realize what I am doing, thinking of the most, and what should I concentrate on the most to get what I want. Every step made me realize something, such as I don’t spend much of my time with my family and that’s one of the things I wanted to concentrate on the most. It made my future goals even more clear. In the following project I have divided into three sections. First is the part where I wrote down all of my thoughts, second is where I transformed those thoughts into pictures and captured them, and last but not least is the essay.

2. Thinking In Writing 
As I looked down on my thoughts that I wrote for my day I noticed most of them were related to my career. Where I am standing at the moment?; What do I have to do to be successful?; And what path do I have to take in order for me to achieve what I want. It’s the ambition I have towards my education and to achieve a successful career is what keeps me going. Education has become my first priority, which was the reason why I joined Per Scholas to get my A+ and Net+ Certifications. Throughout my day I basically thought about my classes at City Tech and Per Scholas and how I have to manage my time so I don’t get left behind in anything. But while thinking about that I also felt I was under a lot of stress trying to manage the timings and classes in both places. Here and there while I took breaks I just thought about my family and my country, Pakistan. How much I missed the times there with my cousins and days full of laughter. While thinking about that I realized and thought how easy life was in my high school years with no worries about anything. I just had to worry about my homework’s and tests, or what places to hang out with my friends after school. I spent most of my time worrying and thinking about all my classes and tests, and what I needed to complete and do (Including all my assignments). No matter how much I tried to distract myself by listening to music or watching random videos to relax my mind, I always ended up thinking about my studies. It has become the center of my thoughts and maybe it always will be until I have something in my hands.

3. Thinking Visually
-This picture shows how I’m always concentrated on my education and how it is a first priority for me now since my ambition to achieve what I want.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395909747385896&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

– Per Scholas- A place where I’m taking my first step towards a successful career and learning so much on what I can do.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395909704052567&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

– This was a wall where there many pictures posted of my family, it always reminded me of them and how much I missed being around them.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395909724052565&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

-Novels! Something that I want to spend more time on and what I think of doing but don’t get enough time. It was always a hobby and I would want to spend more time reading Jude Deveraux.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395909770719227&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

-I have always loved travelling and its what I would like to think about more and travel to new places. It gives me joy and I would want to visit new places.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395914940718710&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

-Since I barely get time to do anything, I would like to pamper myself and spend more time on myself.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395916687385202&set=ms.c.eJw9zNENwDAIA9GNKuMAxvsvllaN8vt0ulguw0qtqXE~%3BcQCJYrUu8Ie6IChMniLS~_cIocKB7vinBDSMWFLI~-.bps.a.1395909647385906.1073741827.100009006525265&type=1&theater

4. Thinking Reflectively

Working in Deloitte for the past five years and moving from just an entry level technician to the position of help desk support specialist have finally made me satisfied with myself. As I sit in the Café of Deloitte, I remember the time when I was struggling with my classes at Per Scholas and City Tech, how I ran from one institute to another just to manage my classes. I never had time anymore for anything, not even myself back then because I was so concentrated towards my education and I was so career-orientated. Although I had to face so many struggles, now I think it was worth it. I do not think I would be sitting in the company I always wanted to work for the most if I had not done what I did five years back. Not only have I managed to start my career but I also did what I always wanted to do the most – make my parents proud. What seemed as a bitter trial back then is a blessing to me now. Life has offered me so much and I managed to accept and accomplish so much of it because of hard work. I would not want to be anywhere other than where I am now in my life, and of course Deloitte. Sipping on my coffee and sitting in the café makes me realize this is what I always wanted to do. How much joy I have gotten from accomplishing all this. How I built this firm foundation for myself with the bricks others have thrown at me I feel proud of myself.

I had to sacrifice a lot of stuff to get to this position and one of them was time with my family. Back then I was so caught up with my studies and my career that I barely got to spend any time with them. In the “Thinking Visually” part of this project I posted a picture that I took of the family photo wall and I remember how I used to look at it when I used to miss my family. They have supported me in every possible way they could and they also have helped me so much to reach to this point today. I regret giving them really little time because now sometimes it feels as if they’re so far away from me even though they’re right next to me. I had such a strong bond with my sisters but now we barely sit and talk. As you grow older and go towards your career you have more responsibilities, no one is going to do anything for you, you would have to do it yourself. I still miss them and now since I’m all settled in my job at Deloitte, I usually visit my mother and father in Brooklyn. I’m working on getting the bond back to where it was five years before. My family has done so much for me and I couldn’t love them any less. Not only did they support me financially but they have always encouraged me to go on further. Every memory I have made with them I still remember those moments and smile, they’re so precious to me and that’s what I will do now to make more memories with them.

Summer is on its way! Right now I just need to focus on my studies and my career. Everyone needs time off since it relaxes your brain but traveling at the moment would cause me a lot of problems. Of course you can travel on weekends to other states or other areas of New York where you would feel relaxed. Not only that but you can always travel in summers when you get time off of college. You wouldn’t have to worry about that you have to complete a project for Physics class or do a assignment for Math’s class. You would be free of worries and you would be able to relax you body and mind. While on vacation then you can pamper yourself as well since you never got time to do that because of your busy schedule. The Peru Palace in Virginia which offers the best back and hot oil hair massages, the Vanessa Nail Salon which gives you the best Pedicure and Manicure. All are waiting for you, but just get through this college semester first. Then you would have all the time you want to travel to any country you want and to do anything you want with your time.

Per Scholas – The first step to a successful career. I know its hard for you to manage your time at Per Scholas and at City Tech, but its worth it. If you get these A+ and Net+ certifications a lot of doors of opportunities would open up for you. You would be in the job market already making so much money and getting all the experience you need later on to get into your dream company – Deloitte. You create your own opportunities and if you don’t work hard for this one then its only going to b a great loss for you not anyone else. You’re capable of all this, this is nothing compared to all the struggles you have faced in your life already. With getting these certifications it would make your parents even more proud of you. Isn’t that what you always wanted? To make them happy and give them something in return for all the hard work they have done on you? Imagine the tears in your mothers eyes when she hears that you have passed and graduated Per Scholas, Imagine your dad giving you hugs and saying ” I’m proud to have a daughter like you.” You would have a job already in the career field you want to go to without even having a degree yet. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life–think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” as said by Swami Vivekananda. This is what you need to do Ayesha, grip onto this goal and make the most out if it, it is only going to give you advantage and opportunities that any other person would probably get in their late twenties.

Life is not about finding yourself but it’s about creating yourself. The steps that I will take right now will be the result that I will have in the future. The only way to be successful is to put effort and hard work into it. Don’t let any opportunity to pass by just because you can’t handle the situation. If you have a busy schedule just like I do talk to your teachers and professors and they will always help you work it out. You have to use your time wisely and the priorities in your life such as your family always give them importance and time no matter what. Even if you sit down for half an hour with them it will make a huge difference. You wouldn’t have to regret later on in your life, because it’s not the days we remember later on but it’s the moments we have spent; Make them worth the while because the future isn’t guaranteed and these are the things that will always help you get through your struggles in your life. Remember “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” because that is how you will get through it and reach the place you want to go to.