CORE VALUES

At this time in my life, my core value is my sense of humor. In my heart of hearts, I believe my sense of humor is top tier.  They say food makes the heart grow fonder, for me I believe laughter is food for the soul and mind. Telling a joke here and there keeps me light on my feet in any environment.  When someone else tries to put a smile on my face I oblige, I know what it takes to try and make a sad or angry person smile, so I’m a good recipient for others when I’m down and they make an effort to cheer me up. Smiling is the antidote to someone else’s day, so I don’t mind sharing that emotion on my face or my sleeve for that matter.  Laughing and smiling is warm and inviting!!!

I value having a sense of humor in my day-to-day hustle and bustle in my career choice. I have to stay light on my feet and open to any traumatic experience the public may throw at me at any moment. When one of us is given a hard way via phone or ambulance we can wheel each other back in with a good hearty laugh. Sometimes I can engage my patients in the shenanigans too and take their mind of their own very serious but not to life threatening emergencies.

A Smile equals caring in a sense, frowns can be infectious too. So, making people smile in turn makes me smile as well, I feel accomplished like I’ve just made your day a bit brighter. It’s satisfying to know that someone is now feeling mentally a bit better. 

Try telling someone to open the front door to let E.M.S. in and to put all animals away and they say well I don’t have a husband so NO animals here, the patient themselves just opened up a portal, a gateway to shift from very serious to soft and pliable. You’ve just opened up to allow yourself to breathe and chuckle with laughter from the heart. Laughing for me shows that I am still human and young. I want to say some of my patients and coworkers appreciate it too.

Writing will take my jokes to a whole new level of being me. That would mean I gave the jokes extra thought, like a script. They’d be well thought out and even help them not to be too offensive and dry. Sometimes jokes can come out harsh because it’s in the moment and not given much thought. Being offensive and rude in a professional setting may not blow over too well. I’m trying to talk people off the ledge, not onto one.

Imagine if we were able to say how we feel and have a good laugh and understand about our silly or serious intrusive thoughts that truly wind up being far-fetched, our thought process and communication wouldn’t be so tedious and scary because we’d know that we are in the moment and the intentions would not be to hurt one another nit would be to educate and inform one another of who we are and what we feel instead of being rigid.