Blog 5

After having last week off and coming back from holiday, Daniel and I were given a new assignment. We were responsible for finding the information about college viewbooks because Brooklyn College will soon be redoing their whole book system.  This was exciting because I finally got what I wanted which was to do more analytical research for a project. Daniel and I discussed how we would go about it and Lisa wants us to have different information in our findings. I plan on doing  research from two different types of universities one being from privates and another coming from public universities. 

When looking for a college, I tend to look for two things. First the college has to have a good program. The college could be amazing however, if I can’t depend on it to give me a proper education then it’s just worthless to me. Second would be statistics on why this college would be a better fit than other colleges. Is it financially better? Is it a better college for making friends? What does this college provide that other colleges don’t? What I came up with was  Adelphi University, Buffalo State, Hunter, and Cooper union. These colleges always came up with ways to make the viewbook experience enjoyable with giving everything I had asked for.  Daniel came up with a list that had colleges that I didn’t expect. He said something similar to me: the college has to have a good program of course. The college has to have a good residential life, and the last thing was it has to have some sort of affordable cost or student forgiveness. I agree because during college the industry doesn’t understand that we have other things going on and still would pack all the work onto students.  After researching we handed in our research and are waiting for the design phase.