Communities plan in order to improve the quality of public choices and decisions. Some communities do not plan until they encounter a crisis that demands an immediate public decision; then they hastily construct their plans after considering only a limited number of actions. In my opinion it is very important to take in consideration while creating a master plan is:
1. How private versus public works. Means how can they collaborate and not be isolated from each other.
2. Access to transportation.
3. Take in consideration pedestrian needs. Means create access not only to the vehicles but also to people.
4. % of public green space is important.
5. Size of the blocks and how they arranged in order to guide the circulation through the site.
6. Create a center of the plan that helps to concentrate important buildings, activities, etc.