Daniel Sosanya

Blog post 17

What about after ?

I’m lost, well not completely. I know I’m getting better as a designer but i wonder if i’m still ready to work in the outside workplace. Working at Brooklyn College as an internship isn’t as hard as I thought it was. I’m not sure if it’s because of covid but the college doesn’t seem to need that much to be done. The work I’ve done so far I’m pretty confident in and Lisa, my boss seems to be content with my work but I wish during the semester I could have gone beyond doing something extremely challenging or maybe even cool. Before i took the internship while in the interview, Lisa explained to me that the work i’ll be doing in the internship isnt going to be like the work i’ve done in my portfolio and now i see what she means. It’s not a bad internship dont get me wrong at all. I just thought we were going to do something huge, but I guess it’s not the right time. When I completed the first assignment for Brooklyn College which was the College Safety Letter head for the campus, me and Lisa sent the file back and forth multiple times. She said it was fine but deep down i felt as if it was a bad thing but it couldn’t have been because that’s how the design field is, you have to be able to keep working with the client until the target is met. I hope that doesn’t happen with other projects within the work field, I don’t want that to happen in the real world as much because I feel as if every time it’s not fully correct my confidence is slashed by a few points. I know it’s a feeling I shouldn’t have but it’s something I’m working on and I feel as if I’ll overcome it the more I get a chance to work in the real place. The animation assignment Lisa gave me seemed to go well ( Keep in mind that i’ve barely used AfterEffects in my designing career) but she didn’t send it back, she seemed to like it as soon as she got it. I’ve been told by many close friends and even a treacher once in high school that i tend to do bad on simple assignments but tend to do well in the hard ones. It’s so weird. Fast forwarding I need to improve my confidence in the upcoming months. I’m scheduled to graduate in december 2020 which is basically a month and a half away. I’m sort of scared because i still don’t know what to expect from the outside world but the internship at brooklyn college has made me more confident than i was before. Trust me. I’m still not sure where I want to work in the outside world like a specific workplace. I hope I don’t end up like one of those people who end up floating around after college . That’s one of the scariest things in the world to me. One can only pray and wish for the best. Until next time guys, be safe and wear a mask. Corona is coming back and she’s angry !