Daniel Sosanya

Blog post 16

Resume and Portfolio addition 

I’m finally able to find some time to actually update the work I’ve done from the internship at Brooklyn College into my portfolio, well not just yet but im gettin ready to. So far for my boss Lisa I’ve worked on four letter heads ( with the addition of helping another intern complete two of his) umm oh yeah i did the format of the letter head also. Maybe i should have started with that. I’ve done some research into which she wanted me to gather information from college viewbooks and list them, in addition to the listing she wanted a comment on why I chose that college. I’ve also worked on an animation to show progression from building to remodeling. I’ve asked Lisa for more work but she says she can only give me work that seems fit for an internship student so until then I usually wait for more work. Lisa is a very busy person and is usually caught up in a lot of things so i just wait for her and take my time. I don’t want to seem like a bother but i’m willing to work. After getting that animation done I feel so pumped , that I can do anything well, not anything of course. I didn’t think I would get it done and in the time I did, but it literally took me the majority of one whole day. I’m not sure how to include animation within my portfolio, it’s something I’m trying to discover recently and it’s hard since im using the adobe portfolio rather than creating mine from scratch. I’ve also updated my resume and added brooklyn college to it. I had to correct my resume a lot. Like a lot it had many issues ranging all the way from spacing to font back to leading straight to font size. It was a complete mess, as if I wasn’t a graphic designer. The resume was from the start of my senior year. I’ve updated it with color and a more stable format. I didn’t understand how important a resume and cover letter was until this semester. My portfolio professor is on top of it, thank god because all the information that i had before had to be changed. Certain things I still need my contact information. I planned on finishing it once I was able to finish my website because I needed to add my website within the contact information. In terms of the completed letterheads that were done for Brooklyn College i’m going to add the before and after so that the viewer can see how messy the last document was and so they can understand how long it took me to fix it. If there’s one thing this internship has taught me it’s how to manage time more effectively. No one else can manage your time better than you.