Daniel Sosanya

Blog post 15 

BaseCamp

On this bright, humid and rainy day I’m taking the chance to review a program application that was used during my internship program. We’re using this program due to the covid 19 that is still goin on so everything must be done remotely. Most of the time when you meet someone for an interview nowadays it’s in a new application called zoom. It’s a program that lets you use your webcam and microphone to chat with someone remotely. It works really well, but I would say that’s just for calling people for small or group discussion. Within Brooklyn College we use a program called Basecamp.  Basecamp is basically a project management tool that is used to keep track of projects alone or with a group of people. Basecamp is more than just a project management tool , it’s a better way to work. Teams that switch to Basecamp are more productive and better organized. They communicate better and require fewer meetings. And they’re far more efficient than before. With Basecamp, you break up your work into separate projects. Each project contains everything related to the work at hand; all the people involved, every discussion, every document, file, task, important date, etc. Every project includes the tools all teams need to work together from : message boards, to-dos, schedules, docs, file storage, real-time group chat, and automatic check-in questions and many more . I would say it’s better due to how you’re able to spread work. Speaking work  across a bunch of apps is lousy and can confuse you at best; total chaos at worst. Things are often forgotten and it’s hard to see the big picture. Basecamp erases many issues by combining everything you need in one place so the worker is more organized.

When my boss Lisa, assigns a project it would usually pop up on basecamp. I would often keep contact with lisa through email but the basecamp is more of a scheduling tool. When the assignment pops up it shows who assigned the assignment, what the assignment is and when the assignment is due. It often helps me im all over the place this semester so it’s better if i have something keeping track of when i have work due. When i’m done with an assignment i have the option to let my boss lisa know by clicking done. When this is done it usually emails both you and the assignee that im done. I also has the ability to give in the assignment via Basecamp, i usually just email lisa the assignment when im done because she contacts me through email majority of the time and rather me give in the work by email in case there are any corrections needed.