COMD1100

The study and use of graphic communication tools through understanding graphic elements and principles geared to the development of sensitivity to the nature of graphic relationships and their control within a given framework. Finding solutions to problems of abstract, conceptual, expressive and applied character, with increasing awareness of the range of properties of black and white and color. Identifying the characteristics, physical properties and psychological effects of black and white and of color for visual expression and practical graphic application

This was the first project we did this semester. The project was to create 12 thumbnail sketches that show how parallel lines can show movement. Out of all 12 I picked this one because I feel like the notion of the bent line created movement in the lines. The thickness of the lines did not matter because as long as they are parallel at all points it doesn't matter the thickness of the line. If i was to redo this project I would probably chose more complex lines.

This was the first project we did this semester. The project was to create 12 thumbnail sketches that show how
parallel lines can show movement. Out of all 12 I picked this one because I feel like the notion of the bent line created movement in the lines. The thickness of the lines did not matter because as long as they are parallel at all points it doesn’t matter the thickness of the line. If i was to redo this project I would probably chose more complex lines.

This project was very fun. We had to gather 12 different textures that could be rendered into 50/50 black and white. It took me about 50 different textures to get the 12 if chose and that worked properly for this project. Once colored black and white you are able to see how the units work together. Out of all the projects we did this is one that i would love to redo.

This project was probably my most favorite out of the ones we did. It was easy and straight forward. The boxes had to represent the words order increase, bold, congested, tension, and playful. At first i was very confused because it was hard to show the words with only 4 squares that were all the same size. But after some thinking and doing a lot of planning out, I was finally able to come up with my final product.