My Zoom Video Interview – Blog

On September 14 I received an email from a School Institution stating they’re delighted to meet with me to discuss potential opportunities with their organization. Later that day I locked in a time to secure my interview. I was thrilled to hear the great news because this is my chance to market myself the best way I can. Fast forwarding to the interview. I met with my soon to be Supervisor who is the Associate Director of the College. During the interview, I was struck by her professionalism and friendliness. The interview started with the standard questions about my background and experiences, which allowed me to ease into the conversation. As the interview progressed, I was also asked about my skills and how I would contribute to the team. I felt that I was able to articulate my experiences and qualifications effectively by elaborating on my proficiency in software like Illustrator, Indesign, and Microsoft Excel. I mentioned the concept of a relevant course called “Design Team” and briefly explained the success of my projects along with my efforts and challenges of being the team leader. We briefly went over my portfolio and she seemed genuinely interested. She returned numerous compliments regarding how structured and coherent my overall portfolio is. As we started to close the interview. I thanked her for her time and the opportunity until moments after, She congratulated me stating I would be a great asset to her organization and wanted to offer me the job. I was excited and accepted the offer! I felt a sense of accomplishment and relief at the end because I was up against many other applicants. However, this interview is just a step in my career journey and I am excited to see where it leads.