The Internship Hunt – Blog

I was fortunate enough to secure my first internship during the second week of my fall semester. Before that, I started proofreading my resume, highlighting my strongest skillsets and transitioning non-action words to verbs that delineated my accomplishments and responsibilities. Also, I began listing any relevant courses that would help strengthen my qualifications for the job. After the completion of refining my resume. I finally found the confidence to put myself out there and start the hunt! After multiple searches, I came across an Internship site recommended for CityTech students. While browsing I was looking for internships that aligned with my skills meanwhile seeking project responsibilities that can be a learning experience alongside being remote. Additionally, I came across Brooklyn College which fulfilled everything that I was looking for. Before I committed. I wanted to gain insights on former CityTech students who interned there to get their overall experience and feedback. As I heard a lot of great things about the learning experience and the professionalism of the mentor I decided to apply. Now it’s a waiting game. I will be eagerly anticipating the follow-up and keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.