Internship Blog #1

I was excited to find an internship that would allow me the experience to help with design elements as well as get experience working with clients who are web with and IT focused roles.

The company I found is a small startup private company called NetComFix which I believe the founder started it in 2016 after the owner had been working in Networking for a few years from talking to him on the phone. NetComFix deals with a variety of IT clients including large retail businesses such as target and bestbuy as well as with small privately owned business throughout out New York as well as other states.

When Talking to the owner of the company(Waqas Iftikhar) on the phone He told me how many clients he was working with and that he was also working with web based clients and wanted to work on expanding his own website to include these changes.

He has another developer working with him remotely as he is not in the US. He helps with front end web and mobile development with React and React Native which is a mobile application framework.  he has several employees(primarily IT) that travel onsite to locations from what he told me. When I replied for the Internship posting that I said that I wanted to help with any logos or graphics he might need as well. That I was comfortable with HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT, and knew a little about databases as well but wanted to get further insight on web related projects, as I have experience in IT and it would be helpful to know about the industry he is working in. He is currently updating the website he told me to the  main site and I am working with him on a sub domain that is not accessible to the public yet called dev1, where I am primarily working on and he his working on another sub domain for collaborations.

They are using bootstrap for their website and it will be interesting as I am changing and updating information on the site soon. I have not found any recent articles about the company to write about yet. I will ask about it and write about it any updates later.