INTERNSHIP BLOG #9 WHAT I’VE LEARNED

Today I will talk about what I learned from my experience at NetComFix and what I took away from interning there. This has been quite a stressful semester to say the least. Trying to manage an internship, portfolio and senior project is not something I’d recommend to any Citytech student to take in the same semester, but sometimes you have to do the work and make it through.  I tried my best to make it through, and working for NetComFix was actually a really pleasant experience.

I’m not sure I would have made it if Mr. Iftikhar didn’t allow me to use some of the time to learn some of the skills on the job. Originally he wanted me to work 15 hours a week, but I said I can do only 8 which was the minimum a week to make it to 120 hours.  He was cool enough to allow me that freedom so I can also work on my other projects. He took the time to explain how to setup and use things like XAMPP, MySQL on cpanel, and allowed to work on his clients websites and took his time to communicate with me remotely through TeamViewer.

It was a bit of a struggle, in the beginning, trying to navigate websites I was designer for but he was patient enough to explain each important css file or how to use php to make my life easier. Overall I’m very satisfied working with NetComFix and I hope we can continue for a while and learn more.