Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Reflection 1

Reflection 1

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech, or anything important to you. Read other classmates’ posts and help welcome each other by writing a response

1. Stephanie perez

Im Stephanie I’m going to start college in a few weeks I’m 17yrs old. My goals as a college student is try my best throughout the way and focus and not get distracted. I choose city tech because it was the only school that offered radiology things other schools didn’t. What I hope to learn in the first semester at city tech is how to study and manage my time with it and see the struggles it’s gives.

• Md Nazmul Islam

Hi Stephanie,

Great to meet you! Welcome to City Tech. Radiology sounds awesome, and it’s cool that you found a school that offers it. Staying focused and managing time is something I’m working on too. We got this!

See you around!

Nazz

• David Mendez Medina

We do go over study habits one of these days and from experience studying is the most important thing to learn to get right because not everyone studies the same way so learning that and time management should help. Even though other schools do not offer radiology things hopefully you still enjoy city tech more then you would other schools.

2. Alessandra

I chose City Tech because I was interested in their radiology technician program because I’ve been told it’s a growing field. I don’t have a specific goal in mind but I want to be in the medical field so I think city tech is going to be great opportunity.

• Md Nazmul Islam

Hi Alessandra,

Nice to meet you! That’s awesome that you chose City Tech for the radiology technician program. I’ve also heard it’s a growing field. Even without a specific goal in mind, being in the medical field is a great path. I’m sure City Tech will provide you with great opportunities.

See you around!

Nazz

• David Mendez Medina

That sounds great! Radiology is a big field and yeah it is growing and will keep growing especially since technology grows and gets better. You may not have a goal now but that is completely fine the first year here is learning and understanding what it is you want to do so there is no pressure.

3. emily

I like to dance and work at a bakery

• David Mendez Medina

City Tech does offer a culinary degree and cooking classes so if you ever want to change your major and are not sure what to do I would recommend checking that out I think there is a cooking/baking club too on campus.

4. Saeni

I am a very approachable person, don’t be afraid to ask my ask me questions. We probably have something in common.

• David Mendez Medina

That is a great thing! Many people are often scared to make the first move especially when talking to new people so do not be afraid to get out of your shell and start conversations because you never know.

5. Daniil

I want to get to know the college better before the first semester

• David Mendez Medina

Hopefully we are able to help with that during these 4 days so you can be well prepared for the semester ahead.

6. Franklin Romero

I speak Spanish.

• David Mendez Medina

Me too a lot of people here at city tech do speak a lot of different languages and Spanish is a language they even have classes in so if you need an elective a Spanish class would not hurt.

7. Max

I’m an open minded person and want to learn more things. I hope I can get accepted into the dental hygiene program.

• David Mendez Medina

I hope you get in it as well! Hopefully you learn a lot and do well your first year so that way you get into dental hygiene sooner rather then later.

8. Azeem ahmad

I’m Azeem i chose city tech because it has good rankings in architecture major I want to get good grades in my all semesters

• David Mendez Medina

City tech does have a very competitive architecture program but that should not deter you from trying your best and making your grades the best they could be. As long as you put faith in yourself you will do fine.

9. Richard

Hello, my name is Richard Cabrera. I love architecture and will be pursuing that major. City Tech has an excellent architecture department that I would love to join in a few weeks. In my first semester at City Tech, I would like to learn how to manage my schoolwork and maintain good grades.

• David Mendez Medina

Hopefully we are able to help with learning how to manage schoolwork and maintain good grades because that is a very important skill to learn early on and if you do learn it early on you will be extremely ahead of half the class.

10. Md Nazmul Islam

My name is MD Nazmul Islam, but I usually go by Nazz because it’s kind of hard for people to pronounce Nazmul. I recently moved from Bangladesh and I’m still exploring things here in the USA. I chose City Tech mainly because I want to pursue a career in a tech-related field, but I’m still figuring out which major to choose. City Tech offers a lot of options, so I’m here to try out different majors. Currently, I’m in Data Analytics. My goal for the first semester is to pass with good grades, meet new people, and make friends. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Feel free to share your experiences and tips about City Tech. Let’s help each other out!

• David Mendez Medina

Your first semester should be just enjoying and just living life and trying to get good grades but living your life. The first semester is about learning balance so your goals are really good and hopefully you find what you want to do and enjoy what you do.

11. JOYIM

Hello I am Yimnai Jones Joyim for short i an a computer engineering student prety much motivated to graduate faster and have the best of time with friends

• David Mendez Medina

That is perfect! I am having the best time here with my friends but at the same time I never lost sight of my education so I am still doing really well so I wish the best for you.

12. Roselyn Romero

My name is Roselyn Romero. One thing I would like my classmates to know about me is that I am very much to myself. However, I can be very social once I’m comfortable with my environment. My goal for my first semester at city tech is to try to come out my comfort zone and be more outgoing.

• David Mendez Medina

Hopefully we are able to get you comfortable here in ct 101. I too am very to myself I do not like making conversations but at the same time I would not be the person I am today without starting conversations so it is a double edge sword and hopefully you meet the right people here at city tech.

13. Pamela

Hello I am Pamela, one thing i’d want my classmates to know about me is how sometimes my shyness can get in the way of many opportunities, which is one of my main goals for the first semester. Getting acclimated to the city tech environment can help me become a successful student. I chose City Tech because of the close distance and the opportunities they provide.

• David Mendez Medina

I understand I used to be extremely introverted and shy but after I took a public speaking class I became really confident in my voice and myself which allowed me to be where I am today.