Who I Am

Hi everyone! My name is Brandon Jackson. As far as my personal hobbies, I enjoy spending time with friends and family, listening to music (particularly 90s and 2000s R&B) and sewing. I’ve recently become skillful at using a standard sewing machine, embroidery machine and serger. I am in the process of starting a business where I plan to produce and sell protective hair garments, such as scarves, du-rags, bonnets, etc, so stay tuned everyone!

As far as school, I initially wanted to be a social worker when I started college, but then after getting some hands on experience with housing outreach and case management for the chronically homeless population, I drifted from those endeavors and switched to Law and Paralegal Studies. I think Law is interesting because of how it challenges and sharpens our minds, and I think everyone should have some foundation of legal knowledge, at minimum, as it pertains to human rights and responsibilities. I haven’t decided which area of law I’m interested in focusing on, but some possible contenders are Criminal Law and Family Law, but even those are subject to change.

I’m super excited to expand my comprehension and consciousness of the law during this course and all the others to come during my journey at City Tech. As much as I enjoy online learning, I do hope to return to school one day to gain the opportunity to meet some of my peers and professors.

Looking forward to a successful semester for all of us!