Annoying Ways people use sources

Question 1:

In the article “Annoying Ways People Use sources the authors purpose was to inform the readers that there are certain ways you would use evidence especially when you have to cite something. I learned from him that you need to add the author after you add the evidence. Also that we need to give a brief introduction when putting evidence in. When I was in high school I use to just put evidence in and expect the reader to know what I am talking about. So reading this kinda now makes me question how I got good grades on my essays.

Question 2 :

In the Article BLACK, WHITE AND BLUE: BIAS , PROFILING, AND POLICING IN THE AGE OF BLACK LIVES MATTER, by Bridgette Baldwin the author explains how implicit bias and the idea of African Americans being “criminals” is something in which has been passed down from centuries. As a result of that the author explains to the readers how living in America as a black individual it open ore doors to abuse, and excessive force on them ,Baldwin says “When it comes to minority suspects, police officers are more likely to use excessive force to initiate a stop or make an arrest. Minority suspects, particularly African American males, are perceived as more threatening, less compliant, and more violent. The linking of blackness to criminality will shape whether an unarmed African American will be shot when confronted during a traffic stop3(Baldwin)”.  The author explains that Black individuals are more likely to be falsify , harmed , or even killed due to the stereotypes and the way black individuals are the ones who are most likely to be criminalized due to the many implicit biases that have been either passed down, or being taught.I followed Stedmans guidelines for ‘ Dating spider man’. I introduced my quote, and gave a little summary for my quote. I then proceeded to acknowledge that I was using ‘ Bridgette Baldwin’ source. I added my textual evidence in, and then explained the purpose of the evidence I used and how what Baldwin says is important for my question.