Met Breuer

When I went to see the exhibit of Raghubir Singh modernism on the Ganges at the MET Breuer I had to go to the second floor of the museum. The exhibit was very pretty because of all the photographs that were displayed in the room. One of the photos that reallt caught my eye was Man Diving, Ganges Floods, Benares, Uttar Pradesh. The picture was 12 5/16 × 18 3/8 in.

This photo that Raghubir Singh took caught my eye because of the kid in the background looks like he is flying but he is actually diving into the flood of water. It’s either that or the pyramid like sculpture in the middle that could be one of the things that could capture your eye. The kids are swimming and diving in the flood of water not knowing that it’s actually a huge flood that could damage their country. Also another thing that captured my eye is that all the buildings that use to be around the area are all flooded under water and you can only see the tips of it. It seems that all the way in the back that there’s a beach in the distance if you look closely.

The Raghubir Singh exhibit was really beautiful and I enjoyed going to it. Almost all the photos had emotion in it and made you think what’s happening in India. The culture is captured in every photo Raghubir is taken.

This entry was posted in Homework. Bookmark the permalink.