About Clara Kim

Hello, my name is Clara Kim, and I am 22 years old. I am a Korean American who was born and raised in NYC. I am currently a senior attending New York City College of Technology as a dental hygiene student and I am projected to graduate in June of 2020. My interest in dental hygiene started blooming even before I realized my passion for this field. Growing up, my mom worked as a dental assistant till I was about 8 years old, so dental health was always important to my family, on top of this my mom always wished that I took on the career of a dental hygienist. As a result, this career path was always on my mind growing up. Thankfully, I always had an interest in science and loved studying biology in high school, so pursuing a career in dental hygiene became very realistic.

My two years in the dental hygiene program was overall very rewarding! Of course, there were those days I was overwhelmed with school work and finding my clinical patients, but what would life be without struggles. I can say with confidence that everything I accomplished in this program helped me to grow as an individual and gave me a reason to believe that I can accomplish anything as long as I put my mind and best effort into it. The past two years were definitely challenging, but in return, I was able to learn from a few of the most skilled and loving professors and made life long friends I can always depend on. Thanks to everyone I met in this program, I know I am graduating knowing that I am ready to set foot in the work that I love and the work that I am competent in.

Throughout this portfolio, you will see the memories and accomplishments I made throughout dental hygiene school.

Outside of the dental hygiene field, I like to travel and explore hobbies during my free time. Check out the photos below to see what some of my interests are.

Since the Summer of 2015 I was a part of my church’s mission trip to Dominican Republic. Here I am taking a picture with my bible study group on the last day of Summer camp.

One of my favorite things to do on my free time is travelling. In June 2019 I visited my motherland South Korea for the first time.

A newly discovered winter hobby of mine is snowboarding. This is a victory picture after I made it down the slope without falling for the first time.

Pumpkin picking at Old McDonald’s farm located in Sackets Harbor, NY.