Homework #3: Color, Food, Photography and Instagram

Thanksgiving is usually a time to come together and enjoy the delicious and attractive looking food made for the family to enjoy, while also enjoying time spent together. In today’s day and age, my generation and even older people that are into social media normally like to take photos of their dishes that were created, whether filled with turkey. mac and cheese, yams, cranberry sauce, etc., and post them on Instagram for all to see. In addition to taking photos of themselves and their family to post, of course the vibrant colors and flavors of “food porn” as it’s labeled would also be shown off for others to see as well. William Eggleston was one such person who would have also done the same, taking photos of things others wouldn’t find so controversial or deemed as boring and not as artistic to look at, especially in color. However, in this day and age, color photography is widely accepted, now with being able to be shown in eye popping high definition, since the colors do indeed bring out the beauty in the photo that could also be seen the same way up close.

I lost the photo I took of my food during Thanksgiving because I ended up posting it on Snapchat (which the photos disappear from your story after 24 hours) so I don’t have a photo of the mouth watering mac and cheese I had for Thanksgiving, so I had to pull this photo from Google, which isn’t as good looking as the mac and cheese I had but it’s close!

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.