Hw#2 Food and Coffee in the Civil War

After reading the articles, I found it very interesting that how coffee was so important to the soldiers during the war. Coffee is most people’s best friend. A lot people can’t start their day off without having coffee in the morning. Just like us, coffee was also soldier’s best friend. They had to have coffee before starting their fight which gave them an energy boost. Also in most cases, coffee was the best choice for the soldiers due to the fact how that their food option weren’t the best. Often the only food that was available to them was Hardtack, and raw salt pork which didn’t provide much energy. So coffee was their best option for the extra energy.

If I had to choose between coffee and food, I would choose food over coffee. Even though coffee is my favorite, yet it isn’t as important as food to me. If I was in similar condition like those soldiers during war, I would choose food over coffee. I believe even though coffee provide instant energy, food is better than coffee. And the food that I can’t live without is Lo Mein. I think I will never get tired of it.

Image result for lo mein

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Hw#2 Food and Coffee in the Civil War

1. I agree with you on the point that coffee is people’s best friend since to a lot of us it’s the source that keeps us energetic especially during the morning time. I also agree on the point that even though coffee provides instant energy yet it’s not enough to keep us active throughtout the day.