HW #2: Food and Coffee in the Civil War

The articles about the Civil War soldier’s diet seemed very interesting. It was shocking for me to know that they depended on coffee to a very large extent. It was actually very beneficial for them as well since they constantly had to be alert which the caffeine provided.
If I had to choose between food or coffee then I would give up coffee since it is not an essential item for me. Coffee cannot satisfy hunger; therefore, it will be a wiser choice for me to give up coffee. After reading the articles about Civil War soldier’s diet, I realized that during this unfortunate circumstance it would have been wiser for them to give up food due to its poor quality instead of coffee if they had to choose between one.
One thing I cannot live without is Chicken Sandwich. I love it very much. It is easy to make and provides all the necessary nutrition.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to HW #2: Food and Coffee in the Civil War

1. Nusrat Jahan says:

I agree with your perspective on coffee vs. food. I think that food is a much wiser choice than coffee. People often get addicted to coffee and too much coffee isn’t good for your health. I also agree that coffee doesn’t satisfy hunger. Coffee gives you instant energy but for long time energy food would be a better option in most cases.