Project 4 brainstorming blog

Project 4 initially had me very excited because it was the first project I know what I’m going to write about. The previous projects has really just been going step by step but this one I think I know for sure what I’m going to write about. I was going to pick Brooklyn Tech High School as my project 4 because the story I wanted to tell fit perfectly into this project. I was going to tell it through two vantage points, one being students and the others being the people in the Brooklyn Tech shelter. I already found sources and thought I was going to do well on this. I am pretty sad to find out that both speech & english project 4 has to be the same places. I originally picked Brooklyn Historical Society for my speech. I already had a good idea of what I was going to speak about for that speech on BHS. Now that they both have to be the same place, I have to pick between BTHS & BHS. I believe I would’ve done a very good job convincing people through my speech to put BHS on a walking tour and I believe that I would’ve written a pretty good essay on the two accounts of the Brooklyn Tech shelter thing. Now, I have to choose one and it’s very hard to pick between them because I have set ideas for both but they do not apply for both projects. I don’t think I can do a good job convincing people to put a high school on a walking tour. I think the speech will just be pretty boring. If I choose to do BHS, I don’t think I can write a good essay. I don’t even have a story about BHS, much less get two different accounts of it. I don’t want to give up such a good topic that I actually want to write about and pick BHS because it’ll allow me to give a better speech. This is giving me a pretty big headache picking between the two.

One thought on “Project 4 brainstorming blog

1. I understand your predicament–the two assignments seem to have different goals. Let’s talk about this with Prof. Davis. I don’t know how the last project of the semester will work if you’ve worked on two different topics for these projects. It might force you to do more work on each to fulfill the final project requirements.