“View of the World from 9th Avenue”

My first impression from looking at this cover for The New Yorker that was published March 29th 1976, is that this person had one view and one view only it seemed. We all know that there is much surrounding the city of New York, but this author seemed to exclude every other part of the world as far as detail is concerned. From 9th Avenue to the Hudson River, you can see every car, person, building, and even shadow. This is accurate  even down to the Westside Highway. Once your eyes cross the river, there is nothing but decollate land. There is nothing except for some large rocks and it almost seems as if New York just from 9th Avenue is about the same size as the rest of the world which we know is very inaccurate. This means, to me, that the write is very bias to New York and doesn’t think much of the rest of the world from how he portrayed it. From the title, I expected to see maybe a photograph or an illustrated drawing of a block from a 9th Avenue view. I did not expect this playfully one-sided drawing done with pencils, pen, and water color. I am not familiar with the magazine though. If I was I would have know that The New Yorker only uses Artists entries as their covers. Most are puns and are poking fun at some time-appropriate political/social commentary.