walking in New York City

I always think New York has many personalities, sometime he is very noisy and sometime he is so quiet. When I walking on the street in Chinatown after school, I think New York is so active. People are rushing on their ways to lunch, chatting on the street corner with their friends, gossip everything on the neighborhood and few workers are on their way to deliver the goods. Lively New York is not created by the people only; there are very important thing that make New York more like New York——-subways. Whenever I walk through, under the Manhattan Bridge, the noise produce by the trains were loud enough covers my voice, and my music in my earphone.

After the sunset, the dark came and there are less and less people walking on the street. Most of the stores are closed and the whole street became much darker. When I look up the sky, I can see the bright moon among the darkness; and sometime I was lucky, I can see the airplanes fight though the sky, with the weak, little spot light. When I was in China, my hometown calls “no night city” there are always light come from the stores and people still shopping on the streets or walking after dinner. For me, walking in Chinatown at night was so lonely.

One thought on “walking in New York City

1. Your descriptions of Chinatown at night are beautiful–and haunting. You capture that loneliness in your writing. You should read what others have written about walking in other areas that feel like the night is just as busy as the day–maybe you can find a “no night city” here in New York!