A Walk In New York City

On the day of June 9th, 2013 i decided to spend time with a close friend of mine. I had no idea what we were about to do that day. It was something i had never done in my entire life living in New York City. I took the longest walk without any public transportation on this day which is difficult because public transportation is one of the most useful things this city has to offer. We began our day on West 4 street in Manhattan looking for a specific park known as Washington Square Park. We strolled through the park in search of its main attraction, the fountain and huge monument in the middle of the park. Later on, we left the park in need to kill time but still enjoy the beautiful and intriguing weather the city offers during this time of year. We walked and walked until we reached Hudson River Park near 10th avenue.

Later on from Pier 40, we made our way blindly through this huge city until we couldn’t walk anymore. We ended up in West 81st Street Columbus Avenue. On this journey we witnessed various things on this walk varying from the nice view of the river, the statue of liberty, and people playing basketball and tennis.These were views that i wasn’t really used to being that most of my life was spent trapped in box inside the Bronx. I never got out to experience what the city had to offer, never really enjoyed a nice walk that began with no final destination or goal. It was something that could take me anywhere and yet i did not care that i didn’t know where this would lead me to. The experience of just viewing and enjoying the beautiful views this city had to offer that was until now hidden from me by my own choices, really made me realize how fortunate i was to live in such a place.

One thought on “A Walk In New York City