Thelma Bauer | COMD 1112 | HD 05 | Fall 2021

Homework assignment #1: About me

Good day,

I am Lisa Lliguicota. I am studying communications design at New York City College of technology. I am going into my second year of school, and I am so excited. Ever since I was young I was always drawing, always in love with art all through high school. I had mentor who had me under her wing in my junior and senior year of high school, who pushed me to pursue Art as a career. Unfortunately, my father didn’t approve of this career choice and told me to do something realistic. I went on to do nutrition and then switched to Business administration. I graduated with an A.S in Business Administration, it wasn’t till the summer of 2020 where I finally went to give my Art a shot at City Tech. It’s been a long journey to get here, but I couldn’t have it any other way because I learned so much value in all the courses I have taken before getting to this point.

My career interests are graphic design; hoping to be a brand designer for small business, Art both digital and drawing and painting, photography and copy writing since I do love to write poetry and short stories. My other hobbies include, dancing, fitness and holistic nutrition. I love surrealism, cartoons in digital art, pretty much anything that create a movement in me. I love being around other creatives and bouncing off ideas.

I look forward to making new connections and sharing the love and passion for Art & creativity.

1. Judith

Hello,
    My name is Judith Torres. My major is Communication Design. This is my third year at City Tech. Growing up, I was always the more artistic one in my class. In elementary and middle school, I loved my art class more than any other class. When quarantine started, I took up painting. At first, it was just a way to pass the time because of how bored I was. But then, as I started to buy more paint and more canvases of all sizes, I began creating more detailed paintings. It wasn’t just a way for me to pass the time, but it was also a stress reliever. I knew I wanted to major in arts but I didn’t know what specifically. I didn’t know what job this major would get me. Now I know that I want to be an interior designer. Not only is it a really good job, but I know that it’s something that I will definitely enjoy. Which is something very important for me: that I love my job and that I’m not just doing it because it will keep me financially stable. I’m looking forward to this class and what I will learn and how it will help me grow as an artist.