Homework # 1 – Cellphones and Photography

Hello everyone! My name is Eunice! Cellphone photography, I see, as a tool that allows all of us to become artists through photography. Viewing amateur photographs on social media is one of my favorite pastimes because they become these internet famous artists on only photographs they take on their phones. In a way, I see cellphone photography as a way to jumpstart yourself in being known in social media. Cellphone photography is an easy way for any person to capture a beautiful moment without having to spend thousands of dollars on a camera or on photography classes. I do think that easy access to cameras makes people more creative because these people can take pictures of simple things and edit it and share it. Once this photo is on social media, and people everywhere see it, it becomes a piece of art.

Another important thing to consider here is the use of social media to share these taken photos. Social media and the times its seen is another factor to making a simple photograph into a piece of art. My social media pages are mostly photographs taken from my iPhone, and others view and comment on how artistic some are. This makes me feel very respected because I don’t need an expensive camera to show the beauty I may see in the world. Cellphone photography should be considered art because any sort of photography is considered art, so why shouldn’t cellphone photography be considered art? This method being available to everyone and being easy to obtain shouldn’t discredit cellphone photography.

This entry was posted in Student Posts. Bookmark the permalink.