Tim Hetherington & Modern-Day War Photography

I think Hetherington’s vision was to show to the world kind of the behind the scenes of war. We know that soldiers are just as humans as us and they are heroes because they risk their lives for their country but deep inside their hearts they have feelings, emotions and every other necessity that any human has. Junger said that Tim had this idea of making a film about young men and violence and how they act in ways that emulate images they’ve seen. I think Tim wanted to specifically follow and tell the stories of young man in combat and how vulnerable they are when it comes to war. Because, in war the only family a soldier has is other soldiers, and they feel hurt when other soldiers are hurt. I do not really see Hetherington’s vision as heroic, even though I think he is very brave to risk his life in documenting the war but I do not think his vision was to show the heroism of soldiers , either their patriotism. By looking at his photographs I can tell that he was more interested in capturing moments when soldiers where not in combat and in other actions such as sleeping.