response:Tim Hetherington and Modern-day War Photography

I looked over to Hetherington’s photographs at the Yossi Milo Gallery website, and I really like his style to photograph of the soldiers. As we can see he was using different vision to took photos. By thoes photos he has taken, I think he wants to show the other side of the soldiers which not heroic or be patriotic. because many photos at the beginning was taking while soldiers were sleeping, which we could not see the other side of the soldiers; calm, pace and quiet. Also, I think he was very working on hard of his photos, it makes me feel that soldiers are no different than the other people, cause we are all human we do have sense of emotion and feeling. To being a soldiers doesn’t mean that they are much much strong than the other people, even though they fight for their countries, but might still have fair and scared. And this makes these photos are different than the documentary, beccause many documentary are shows soldiers are patriotic and fight real hard, sometimes it makes me feel sick, cause this maybe just only few of the soldiers felts that way, I don’t believe that they won’t have fair to fight and lose their life and families.