Nina Katchadourian’s iPhone Photos

I found Katchadourian’s seat assignment way more interesting and amusing than her self portraits. It is a little weird to me the fact that this women takes photos of herself in the bathroom of the airplane, I can definitely tell she was having fun playing Maria Portinari and posing to her iPhone with a variety of expressions and toilet paper outfits. I would never imagine a women of her age doing that. Although I think it is nice to see people from the last generation trying to involve and fit in this new innovative, high tech era. I think Katchadorian was not really saying something about those self portraits but rather mocking Hans Memling’s portraits of Maria Portinari. First of all, the quality of the pic is really low, just by looking at the photo you will think she was just messing around. So that is why I don’t really think she is giving a message to an audience. However, the seat assignment photos are very interesting. Especially because of the use of ordinary objects added to an existing photo to create an optical illusion of  a new escenario. I think that Nina Katchadourina’s point of these iPhone photos is to show how you don’t really need a professional camera to capture nice and new images just by putting some objects together and have a sense of imagination.