Connecting to spirits via Photography

Every culture has their own traditions, beliefs and religious rituals and practices, however people always tend to be very critical and unfavorable to certain practices, specially religious. In my personal opinion it is kind of scary and bizarre to look at the photographs and the spiritualists’ expressions. I’m not a believer of connecting with the death and communicating with them. In the other hand, I think Shannon Taggart’s photography is valuable because she believes in those performances and spiritualists when are being possess can afterwards look at themselves in paper and it is evidence. I think that when people do this kind of photography, they are mentally prepared for scenarios like those, where people are completely out of control in a state of mind that it might be difficult to witness. If Taggart has the permission of the spiritualists to be photograph then I think she is not being intrusive and is just documenting a cultural ritual that can be learn and understood by people interested in religion and the psychological side of these practices. What is also interesting is the fact of bringing this ritual to this country and practice it on their believers.