Robert Capa, Real or Fake?

After reading the magazine and looking at the photograph I’m having doubts of Capa’s war photographs. I read a part in the article stating “Finally . . . a Republican officer told them he would detail some troops to go withCapa to some trenches nearby, and they would stage some manoeuvres for them to photograph.” This was base of the fact that the war did not have much action and that Capa and other complained to the Republican officers. Then I came across in reading this “Capt. Franks told me in conversation that the fact that the fingers are somewhat curled toward the palm clearly indicates that the man’s muscles have gone limp and that he is already dead. Hardly anyone faking death would ever know that such a hand position was necessary in order to make the photograph realistic.” In my opinion it is possible that Capa capture a photograph of a “fallen solider” 500,000 solider had died during that one year, there is a possibility that he came across one at the right time. Yet I do have doubts how long does it takes for a person be dead? After that solider being shot in the head while falling back Capa capture the photograph he was already dead? Dealing with the fact that his finger are curled up within that few second that Capa had capture the photograph leave me in doubt that the photograph isn’t staged. Maybe there was a reason for him to staged a photograph, maybe it happened too fast and couldn’t capture the authentic photo and reacted what he saw, who really knows? In conclusion I do believe that authenticity matters because these are photographs of wars, people deserve to know the truth and facts that are happening during the war, not something they want people to see or think.