Civil Rights Movements

In my opinion both Frank and Count’s photography were effective during the American society of the fifties about blacks and white. Frank’s photographs are based on the United State, hardship, everyday life and the segregation happening during that time. He took photographs based on the everyday life of the American’s; it’s basically what you will see on a regular everyday life. Frank traveled to certain parts of the United State taking photographs of random snapshot. Count’s photograph showed more details on the racial segregation. The photograph of Elizabeth and Hazel, September 4, 1957, showed great details, he capture the moment where Elizabeth (white) shouting at Hazel (black). You can see such hate and emotion on Elizabeth facial expression about having an African American going to her school. What made it more effective was the article; the details that were stated made me visual the scene like I was actually there. I felt Elizabeth pain through reading the article, which made me understand the racial segregation even more. Count’s photographs was based on two photos, which was an African American girl going to a White dominate school. Both photographers had successfully captured the truth of reality during the fifties, the hardship, everyday life and segregation. In conclusion both photographers showed powerful visual documents of social inequities in the American society of the fifties.