Hurricane Sandy Aftermath in Rockaway Beach

2 Responses to Hurricane Sandy Aftermath in Rockaway Beach

1. Sandra Cheng says:

Thanks for sharing these photos, tragic and powerful imagery. Btw, the framing is quite nice on some of these photos.

2. Elaine says:

Thanks for sharing all these photographs. My family and I were one of the lucky ones that weren’t affected by Hurricane Sandy. Nothing happened to my house, nor did my electric get knocked out, beside massive fallen tree branches around my house and losing the internet for a few hours everything was fine. Seeing these photograph and others that I see made me realized that we were lucky, I actually complained not being able to go out, while people are now without homes. Everyone who was affected by the hurricane has somewhat lost almost everything like their homes, furniture’s, car, photographs, electronics, memories…etc. Few of my friends were the unlucky one, one of them lived on Zone A, Coney Island where water came up to his second floor, he lost everything from the 1st floor down he had to live at his relatives for a month. These photographs showed us the ugly truths of what happened to people homes / lives; because of where I lived I didn’t see much damage beside people without powers and tree branches everywhere.