Old Processes, New Advertising

I think it is well known for artist to recreate art work that has been famous and known throughout the entire world in the past. I can relate to that because, most students i think have taken art class and the art teacher told tells us to recreate an art work from the past and most of these art work were and still famous at the time, and it was hard to recreate the same thing as the original.

I think it is great how modern artist are trying to recreate the past, by recreate the art that was made by the most well known artist in the world. They might be showing the viewers out there, that the past has not yet changed into history facts.

The wet-plate process is much more harder on both the subject and the photographer, because the photographer must use many chemicals to produce one photo at a time and long exposure time gives rise to poses and expressions one doesn’t usually see in modern photography. In comparison to having digital images taken instantly on a camera screen, the poses can only have been taken for a few seconds and does show that much interest in the photo.