Old Processes

The wet-plate process is indeed the magical process of photography. This process is what  dedicated photographers used back in the nineteenth century and what passionate photographers today, in my opinion wouldn’t mind going back to. I think people in today’s society have photography all mixed up. People with IPhone’s and simple digital cameras consider themselves great photographers just because now a days there’s a filter to change the way a regular photo looks, and because they know how to use Photoshop. Just like in the article Corey Keller stated “Look at Hipstamatic or Instagram where you get a look of old photographs by just laying over a filter”.

Photographers like Sam Taylor-Woods, from the Louis Vuitton campaign, states that the wet-plate process is really time consuming but the end result is worth it. After watching how the process really works and what the results of her picture was I totally agree. It must be nice for photographers to go through that slow process and see how their photograph develops. This process gives the photo life, and the details of the photo are more noticeable and amazing. Taking a photograph of something and getting to see the image right away is so easy now, and the pictures don’t even compare to the how the pictures looked back then using this “pain” process.