My role for Brooklyn College is to work for the Office of the Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness as a Creative Designer Intern. I came across this opportunity on the City Tech Internship page while actively looking for internships. Due to COVID-19 and the unusual WFH set up, this internship is remote. During my Zoom interview I was greeted by Isana Leshchinskaya, Assessment and Accreditation Specialist, who then proceeded to ask me a series of questions. I was asked to tell her about myself, projects I’ve worked on in school, what programs am I familiar with, what are the projects that I am most proud of, how do some of the Adobe apps work and more! Conversation flowed naturally as there were an exchange of laughs here and there making the interview a little less nerve wrecking. Practicing interviewee questions beforehand really made me self-aware of what to expect as well as learning a bit more about myself before actually interviewing.

I work with two other interns whom I am familiar with and have had class with. Together we complete tasks such as creating social media posts for the IE office. We often collaborate to brainstorm our concepts, taglines, and poster sizing. These posters are designed for students as well as faculty members to inform them of what issues the IE office is tackling or to simply inform them about opportunities and events taking place throughout the IE office.