Source: Photo by Cookie the Pom on Unsplash

I am excited and intrigued by this internship class and opportunity. Securing an internship before the semester started was a challenge, but with the guidance of my professor, I made a few tweaks to my resume and applied to the current non-profit organization I now work with. They replied to me ironically on the first day of class. Luckily our availabilities aligned and I was able to interview with them later that evening virtually via Google Chat. I interviewed and secured the internship all in the same day of them replying. Having previous experience working with Citytech students, I didn’t receive too many questions from my interviewer. It felt more like a conversation for them to gauge my personality, design skill set and other strengths. By the end I even got a quick scope of my first potential project. I started the semester being anxious and wondering if I would have to drop the course if I did not get an internship in time and ended the first day of classes securing my internship.

Before this opportunity, I was close to securing a paid internship over the Summer before the semester began. They were affiliated and promoted by the school. I applied and was accepted to move forward to the next round of interviews. When the second round, Group interviews, came around they informed us that it was a one-year commitment. Since I graduate this semester, I would not be enrolled for both the Fall and Spring semester as required and was no longer eligible to continue with the hiring process. That was the closest I got to securing an internship before the semester began.