Source: Photo by Microsoft Edge on Unsplash

My first assignment is preparing for the next “Sweepstakes for a Cause”. This one will be a $10K sweepstakes for Alaska based non-profit organizations. Two other students in my class and one other student from another school in California will be virtually working together to create a database of 200 Alaska based charities each. We also have to create a list of potential influencers to get involved as well. When our list is completed, we will reach out to the key contacts at these organizations and hopefully get them to participate in the sweepstakes. 

The other interns and I work on a unified google spreadsheet, so we don’t overlap on the charities we select. Some of the information required are the company’s names, EIN business numbers, website, key contacts, social media handles and how many people are following them on each social platform. We also have to upload all of that to their CRM database. Lastly, we have to get their logos and covert them to SVG files to upload to the sweepstakes site. The idea is when someone selects the charity they are going to donate to, that company’s logo will pop up. At the moment, the data collection is a very tedious task and I look forward to when we start the next phase, designing the campaign. That will be used to promote the sweepstakes to the charities to get them involved, and to share on social media. We also have promotional video from Miss USA 2022, who is also from Alaska, and I am hoping that will be a highlight to get more of the non-profits and influencers involved.