Source: Photo by Joshua Woroniecki on Unsplash

I am happy that the moment has finally arrived, I got a graphic design assignment! There will be more when the data collection is complete with the Alaska Non-Profits project, but for now I am happy for this side task. I mentioned this very briefly in my last post as I waited for more details. One of my classmates in the internship with me was tasked with creating a graphic arrow creative. It is a beautifully done colorful looping arrow. My task now is to animate that arrow. The idea is for it to be an interesting animation that is part of a small company branded graphic. It will be used during their “Giving Forward” campaign and possibly for other things companywide. The direction or desire for the creative is for the arrow to swirl and loop into position, then the company’s logo will appear and some of the interview questions we will be asking will appear in a sequence as well.

I already created one version, got some good feedback from my supervisor to improve it, and currently working on the new iteration of it. I am doing the entire graphic starting with the arrow animation then adding the company logo and the questions. I am cycling through which software would work best. Adobe After Effects and/or Adobe Animate would make the most sense to me, but I may also use Adobe Photoshop Timeline, which is giving me good results. Trial an error at the moment, but this is what I love to do, so I am enjoying the process. My supervisor gave me creative freedom after explaining his general idea, and so far, he likes the direction I am going with.