Journal 5

On September 27, 2013. I had continued working on my concept. First, I collected all the symbols for each major, and dragged them to the Illustrator. Second, I drew the outline for each symbol using the pen tool. Third, I added color and shadow to each symbol and save each symbol as a picture file.

On September 30, 2013. My supervisor, Yue Chen was absent today, so he let me sign in from home. As usual I signed in at 10am this morning, and continued working on my concept on “Open House Recruitment For Prospective Students.”

First, I scanned all my sketches onto my computer. Then I dragged my sketches to the Illustrator, and used the pen tool to outline the sketches. I tried to outline my design in many ways, but none of them worked. So I decided to work on each part of the design separately, instead of doing it all at once. I used the pen tool to outline the logo of New York City College of Technology. After that, I drew the metal wires at the corner of the logo. This wasn’t easy because I had to adjust the angle from each metal wire, as well as connect them to one another. It took me two hours to do this. When I was done with that, I redrew the objects on Photoshop, adding gradient, layer mask, layer style, and a filter to each object. I tested each method, trying to find the best metallic effect on my design.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.