Francisco Diaz Mini-Job Search

About You:

1. What are your main qualifications, strengths, skills, and areas of expertise? My main qualifications are my education and my work history. I’m majoring in Telecommunication, so my area of expertise would fall within the IT field. I enjoy troubleshooting computers and smart devices.
  2. Ability to prioritize
  3. Work well in teams and under pressure
  4. Organizational awareness
  5. Self-awareness
  6. Ability to influence others
  7. Technical savvy
  8. Proactivity
  9. Punctuality
  10. Friendly/outgoing
  11. Computer skills
  12. A+ Certification
  13. respectful
  14. What position(s)—or type of position—are you seeking? I’m seeking a position within the IT field. Like I mentioned before I like troubleshooting technological devices, and I would also like to be a technician. To be honest, right now I’m just looking for anything. Customer service, technician, or tutoring.
  15. What are some of your professional goals? I have a few professional goals. My first one, is to become a teacher one day. My second professional goal is to become an IT expert in the future. And also to influence other people within my professional career.
  16. What type of organization or work setting are you most interested in? Well I’m interested in working for a few organizations. I would like to work for the City, or con-Edison. I would also like to work for time warner cable, or the MTA. And I would similarly like to work for the state or government.

About Employers (synthesize answers based on what most commonly appeared on your job listings):

1. What qualifications and skills are most desired by employers in your field? Most of employers required you to be technical savvy. You basically would have to know how to troubleshoot everything related or within your position.
  2. Technical support savvy
  3. Certain certifications
  4. A degree
  5. ability to troubleshoot  technical related problems
  6. ability to communicate and write in the English language

1. What positions are available on the job market? What are they titled? There so many positions in the job market:

IT consultant

Mobile application developer

Web developer

Technician

Software engineer

Application engineer

Network architect

IT supervisor

1. What are some goals of these organizations that interest you?

What kinds of organizations are now hiring? Some goals of these organizations that interest me are the following:

Opportunity growth

Equal opportunity

Paid education

paid vacation

unionized

company growth

Some of the organizations that are hiring the moment?

Time warner cable

Con Edison

MTA

Verizon

8. What kind of content-specific skills do they want? They want you to be specialized in information technology. They want you to be able to troubleshoot any task put at hands. They want you to be computer savvy. And a knowledgeable technician.

9. What kind of communication (written, verbal, etc.) do they want? They want you to be able to read and write in the English language. They want you to have proficiency in the language so that you can communicate with the customers. But if you are bilingual, they could hire you faster.

10. How do you think your education here at City Tech and your hands-on work experience (perhaps as an intern or in another type of job) has prepared you (or not prepared you) to meet these employers’ needs? I think that my education here at city tech has prepared me to meet these employer needs in different ways. The more educated you become, the better opportunity of getting hired you have. Over the 2 semesters I’ve been at city tech, I have learned so many new things. At city tech, I have learned about Mat lab and Multisim .these softwares are very helpful, especially if you are majoring in EET. I’ve also have taken high courses which I never taken before. I feel like I have learned so many different and new things over the past 2 semesters. The more educated you are; the better opportunity you will have in the future. Every day you learn something new. The more that you learn, the more that you will know. Now a day; organizations are just looking for better qualified candidates. I see myself making a big difference in a few years from now.