Brooklyn View

photo

Brian Kriczky

This photograph was taken from the seventh floor of my dorm room on March 14, 2014. The main aspect that caught my eye of this photograph is the afternoon sun near the center right edge. The light pans over the buildings giving a warm glow while still casting shadows over the landscape. The sun almost makes the edges of the far buildings glow while the sun sets. Although the sunlight and brown colors can give a feeling of warmth, the dominate impression I had from the photograph was cool and calm. the air was a bit cooler which can be seen from the vapor effect that is coming out of the air vent atop the building across the street. It can be observed that it is a cooler season in that the trees do not have many leaves on them. The top right edge of the photograph show that the sky is clear, which can also been seen from the reflection of the windows from the building the runs along the left edge. The building on this edge has a reflection from the window I was behind when this photograph was captured. I feel a strong reality effect from this photograph in the way the sun is portraid and as it cast shadows and reflections on the buildings. Seeing my own window reflection was a good addition to the photograph in that even though the photograph is looking over buildings, I myself am inside of a building when it was taken. Seeing the sunset over these buildings provided a great opportunity for a picture.

One Response to Brooklyn View

1. I approve of your photo. Good composition.
    Best,
    Prof. Scanlan